Why Montessori ?
Montessori students develop creativity and confidence, critical thinking and problem solving skills, and a positive, collaborative attitude — all key attributes that stay with them throughout their education and life. CCMA accredited Montessori schools have demonstrated their ability to give their students all the benefits of a true Montessori education.
What is Montessori
Montessori is an individualized approach to education for children from toddler through high school that helps each child reach full potential in all areas of life. It is a student-centered approach that encourages creativity and curiosity and leads children to ask questions, explore, investigate and think for themselves as they acquire skills.
A Montessori environment focusses more on a student’s learning than on a teacher’s teaching. Specially trained Montessori teachers guide, coach and facilitate each child’s learning through continuous observation and assessment.
“Our aim is not merely to make children understand, and still less to force them to memorize, but so to touch their imaginations as to enthuse them to their innermost core.”
Transitioning from Montessori
When Your Child Transitions from a Montessori School
Montessori children are usually adaptive. They have learned to work independently and in groups. Since they’ve been encouraged to make decisions from an early age, these children are problem-solvers who can make choices and manage their time well.
They have also been encouraged to exchange ideas and to discuss their work freely with others, and good communication skills ease the way in new settings.
Research has shown that the best predictor of future success is a strong sense of self-esteem. Montessori programs, based on self-directed, non-competitive activities, help children develop good self-images and the confidence to face challenges and change with optimism.
- **A Parents’ Guide to the Montessori Classroom by Aline D. Wolf
- **The Conscious Parent by Shefali Tsabary, PhD
- **Self-Reg by Dr. Stuart Shanker
- **Tomorrow’s Child Magazine
- **Mind in the Making by Elle Galinsky
- **How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way by Tim Seldin
- THE ABSORBENT MIND by Maria Montessori
- THE SECRET OF CHILDHOOD by Maria Montessori
- Montessori: A Modern Approach by Paula Polk Lillard
- MONTESSORI TODAY – A comprehensive Approach to Educations from Birth to Childhood by Paula Polk Lillard
- MONTESSORI – The Science Behind the Genius
- MONTESSORI AND THE SPECIAL CHILD by R.C. Orem
- Nurturing the Spirit by Aline D. Wolf
- The Discovery of the Child by Maria Montessori
- Montessori Toddler, By Simone Davis
** Informative reading for Parents